Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pizza! October DB Challenge




I'm not sure if this pic is more about the pizza or the wine!  Either way they were both good.  This was my first challenge as part of the daring bakers and I was so glad it was a savory one!  I have never made pizza dough before and although I swear it is probably an easy process I felt a little pressure.  I had actually never worked with yeast before either, so I was unused to the consistency of what the dough should really feel like.  I played around with it and ended up splitting the dough in half (adding much more flour to the second half).  In the end I sort of used a combination of both doughs (it was a pretty random process but turned out great nonetheless).

I decided to make two different types of pizzas with two different types of sauces.  First I made the pizza shown at the top of this post.  It is a pesto, chicken and sundried tomato pizza.  The next pizza is to the left here and has tomato sauce, green pepper, red onion, tomato and pancetta.

Overall it was a great experience and I actually can't wait to try out this recipe again.  Thanks DB for pushing me out of my baking comfort zone!

5 comments:

Joey Biscotti said...

your pizzas look like they are from a real Italian pizzeria!

Dragon said...

Congratulations on your first DB challenge. Your pizza looks wonderful. Great job!

Shelby said...

The pesto chicken sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the DB's! Congrats on a successful first challenge. It's tough to work with new things, but that's what the DB's are all about, glad to see it turned out well - the pizzas look great.

Eat4Fun said...

Great job on your first DB Challenge! Very tasty looking pizzas!